As soon as we switch on our televisions, we see Afghanistan News flashing on our screen. Most of us are clueless about it. This article gives you a clear idea of what exactly is going in Afghanistan. The article cover the following topic:
- What is happening in Afghanistan?
- What does this mean for Afghan People right now?
- What does this mean for the future of Afghanistan?
- What can we do?
What is happening in Afghanistan?
Afghanistan is being taken over by the Taliban. Today appears to be the end of a 13-day offensive in which the Taliban have quickly taken control of cities, routes, and regions. The Taliban have taken control of the bulk of Kabul, Afghanistan’s capital city, including the residential place. The president, Ashraf Ghani, has fled the country.
What does this mean for the people?
People are frantically trying to flee. Hundreds of thousands of people have already been internally displaced. They have moved from rural areas to cities that remain under government authority. They’re camping out in parks and public spaces. It is only a matter of time before the Taliban arrives.
What does this mean for the future of Afghanistan?
Some of the strict interpretations of Islamic laws are:
- forbidding music and movies
- forcing women to wear a full burkha
- forcing men to keep their beard
- Banning women from employment
- restriction of women from education
How can we help them?
DONATE: @AfghanAidHQ emergency relief